Research on Positions for Giving Birth
Comfortable Upright Birth (CUB) references
- Comfortable Upright Birth (CUB) References Postpartum Outcomes in Supine Delivery by Physicians vs Non-supine Delivery by Midwives. Richard R. Terry, DO; Jeanne Westcott, CNM, PhD; Laura O’Shea, RD, CNM, MSN; Frank Kelly, MD, MPHJ Am Osteopath AssociationApril 1, 2006vol. 106 no. 4199-202
- Non-Supine (e.g., Upright or Side-Lying) Positions for Birth. Lamaze International Education Council, Keen R, DiFranco J, Amis D, Albers L, Journal of Perinatal Education. 2004 spring; 13(2): 30–34.
- Position in the second stage of labour for women without epidural anaesthesia: RHL commentary. Lavender T and Mlay R. The WHO Reproductive Health Library; Geneva: World Health Organization. (last revised: 15 December 2006).
- Child birth in squatting position.Ayesha Nasir, K.J. Noorani, Razia Korejo Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi. 2007
- Positioning during the second stage of labor: moving back to basics. Shermer RH. Raines DA. JOGNN: Journal of Obstetric, Gynaecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 1997 Nov-Dec; 26(6): 727-34.
- Position in the second stage of labour for women without epidural.Gupta JK, Hofmeyr GJ, Shehmar M. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD002006. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD002006.pub3.
- Lawrence A, Lewis L, Hofmeyr GJ, Dowswell T, Styles C.(2013) Maternal positions and mobility during first stage labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Issue 2. Art. No.:CD003934; DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003934.pub2.
- Read JA, Miller FC, Paul RH.(1981). Randomized trial of ambulation versus oxytocin for labour enhancement: a preliminary report. Am J Obstet Gynecol. Mar 15;139(6)669-72.
- Birthsparks Ltd. Independent Survey on Giving Birth & Birth Positions, 2016. Survey on Giving Birth